Hey there! Few days ago I’ve published a new unity 2D tutorial. This time it is about making an endless runner game like Jetpack Joyride.
In case you’ve missed Jetpack Joyride is a great endless runner game where you need to fly using a machine gun jetpack. It is really fun, highly polished game. I definitely recommend playing it!
What you will learn from this Unity 2D tutorial
But back to our tutorial. During the course of this unity 2D tutorial you will learn how to:
- Create Unity 2D project
- Add a player character (a very cool mouse with a jetpack!)
- Setup physics (rigid bodies, colliders, gravity, jetpack force, …)
- Create an endless level by generating it on the fly
- Use Prefabs to create different parts of the level using Unity editor and reuse them
- Make the camera follow the player character
- Use particle systems for the jetpack flames
- Detect collisions with lasers and collect coins using sensors
- Animate the player character and switch between the flying and running animations when on the ground or flying
- Play sound effects and music
- Create parallax scrolling
- and so on…
Tutorial is aimed at beginner developers and has clear step-by-step instructions. I’m also using animated GIF images to show what you need to do, in case it is harder then clicking on the button 🙂
Here is an example:
So if you know how to open Unity and at least a little familiar with its UI you’re good to go!
Ok, where is it?
Will be happy to hear your comments!